All your education fails the moment a glass door with a medium-sized sticker near its handle reading push/pull in bright red colour stares at you. You perform the opposite action and embarrass yourself. Since no crash course exists on improving brain dynamics, there is a much simpler solution to this- Sliding Doors.
Sliding doors are among the cool and stylish options in a bunch of dullard door designs. They are sleek, have aesthetic appeal and something about the action of sliding makes them irresistible. This doesn’t mean that sliding doors put aesthetics ahead of practicality. On the contrary, they are much easier to operate, versatile, suitable for various spaces and offer unheard of benefits such as:
- Free up a lot of space on your property
- Great outside views
- Durability and sturdiness
Now that sliding doors have made a mark. Here are some things to consider before investing in them:
- Security: Security is sliding doors’ biggest pet peeve. They have been wrongly infamous for not being secure enough. The glass panels on sliding doors offer a good view of your home to intruders but that’s only limited to views as most sliding doors now use double or even triple glass panes that are quite difficult to break into. Further, firms nowadays are manufacturing sliding doors that are equipped with electronic lock systems and alarm systems. Torfenster offers Multi-locking Systems and Intelligent access control systems with its Ultra slim sliding windows.
- Material: Sliding doors are usually made of timber, uPVC or aluminium. Timber adds to the aesthetics, aluminium offers a slim profile and uPVC are the most commonly used. Aluminium sliding doors are revered for transforming dreary-looking spaces into inviting ones with their ultra-slim sightlines and neat, minimalistic proportions.
- Energy-efficient: Attribute it to their unique design or properties as a metal, aluminium doors offer tremendous thermal insulation. With double and triple glazed windows, Torfenster offers the most energy efficient windows which helps maintain optimum temperature inside the house.
- Durability: Sliding doors are not only lightweight and occupy less space, but they are also highly sturdy and durable. A great feature that adds to their durability is that they are waterproof as well. Once installed, vacuum your sliding doors’ tracks to improve longevity. Aluminium is a strong material and the sliding frames made of this metal are bound to stand the test of time. They resist wear and tear, insects, termites, corrosion, rust and other factors. Torfenster offers 15 years warranty on the surface finish.
Sliding doors come with a host of benefits and are aesthetically pleasing too. While installing these, place your trust in experts and reap their benefits for years to come.